so close yet so far away

Re: so close yet so far away

Postby RockPharmer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Babyface & that one Ivan lip traverse at Peterskill that I can’t remember the name of. Tiger style? Shows you how many nights I lay awake thinking of it. I haven’t climbed in over 5 years so these will be on the tick list for a while longer.
Last edited by RockPharmer on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby toivo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:32 pm

lost fish are always the most intriguing fish. because...

satan on a half shell is so obvious, and yet so perplexing. because it should so be possible. i blame john sherman for blow-torching the original and its exfoliation. #bringitback

au couteau at val david. again- obviously climbable. last move. and again and again. also, belly of the whale direct. and sesame street in squamish.

the proper start to the shrine project.
Last edited by toivo on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toivo
Corundum

Postby toivo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:37 pm

to my best knowledge, these projects are all as of yet still unfinished.
toivo
Corundum

Postby Lox » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:20 pm

dat sloper yo

SLAP!!1
Lox
Diamond

Postby toivo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:16 pm

those problems are still open projects 15 years after the fact. bueller? bueller? bueller? #youarewelcome
toivo
Corundum

Postby toivo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:30 pm

mountainz wrote:
toivo wrote:satan on a half shell is so obvious, and yet so perplexing. because it should so be possible. i blame john sherman for blow-torching the original and its exfoliation. #bringitback

yeah i heard about that hold breaking. maybe ivan can chip it back into a jug for me.

man i have peeled off that fucker like 30 times. i hit it good and latch and then my body swings out and as i swing out my left arm straightens and then i'm fucked i can't reel it in and pendulum off. i just can't figure out how to latch that hold and instantly pull up into my shoulder like i need to to control the swing. totally maddening.

i would hang over the lip and brush the hold. talk to sweet to it. caress it. i'd hang from the lip and try to pull into the hold. find the perfect way to grab it. i was on the verge of bringing out a ladder just so i could figure out that damn move but then i had to leave new england. i was obsessed with that thing.
ir's

it's a fine boulder to nap under in a rain storm, even if we can't climb it.
toivo
Corundum

Postby Lox » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:26 pm

I have a forestfull of projects that are getting away as I age moment by moment. Tick tick? Tick TOCK mofaekerz.
Lox
Diamond

Return to Bouldering