Reflections from Font

Reflections from Font

Postby Lox » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:34 pm

First off... it is called Bleau by the local and pronounced 'blow' but that describes the weather and not the climbing.
Lox
Diamond

Re: Reflections from Font

Postby Lox » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:41 pm

McDonalds has beer and wifi... but if you drink too much you risk being caught in random police stings on backcountry roads where you just bleau into a breathalyzer and hope you aren't over the .05% limit.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:42 pm

You can meet Fred Nicole on Easter weekend at the Black Diamond trash pick-up events. He is super annoyed to be there. He will not remember you.
Lox
Diamond

Postby RockPharmer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:37 pm

Sign me up!
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby Lox » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Old dudes are still ruining La Joker with pof. Pls. Stahp.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:01 pm

The best game to play in an elevator is Pull Your Longest Ear Hair. Four floors to find it and PULL THAT BITCH. Bonus points if there are other people in the elevator. This reflection is not Fontspecific.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:04 pm

The mall in Villiers en Biere is AWESOME.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:04 pm

EMA likes to sleep in.
Lox
Diamond

Postby zirc » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:58 pm

if you step in human shit, don't walk on the crashpads. unless you hate the owner
zirc
Corundum

Postby toivo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:44 pm

solid advice and ethics.
toivo
Corundum

Postby Lox » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:28 am

The human shit here in Font is relatively tucked away under trees. Unlike Val di Mello in Italy, where it is under the start holds of the bolder problems... sometimes 3-4 layers deep. WTF Italy?!?
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:11 pm

If you hang out at the downtown Font playground enough, you get to meet the A list climbing celebs. Tommy Caldwell gave me the rundown on the forest hooker sex trade and how it's tough keeping his kids from playing with the used condom wrappers. I knew all this stuff of course, but when he said "You know there are prostitutes that hang out by Bas Cuvier..." I just smiled and asked him to tell me more because who else gets to have a lesson on the local sex trade from a legend like Tommy Caldwell.

Side note: one morning we were heading out to buy a fridge and my wife remarked that the lady who is always out there did not look very happy. It was like 9 am. I asked her if she would be happy if her day would consist of giving scuzzy French truckers handjobs and dealing with their inevitable fluids. Her silence was deafening.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Guilty.

Although the real superstar of the sunday market is the lebanese dude who makes the falafel sammich. omfg.

Still can't quite believe I get to pop out to Bas Cuvier for an after work session if the boy goes to sleep early.
Lox
Diamond

Postby RockPharmer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:47 pm

Lox wrote:Still can't quite believe I get to pop out to Bas Cuvier for an after work session if the boy goes to sleep early.

You realize your previous post paints this in a whole new light, right?

Edit: never mind. You were looking for French whores all along.
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby Lox » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:17 pm

I gotta admit I have been fascinated with the forest hookers since I first realized this is a phenomenon. We were headed to the giant Carrefour in the mall the other day at like 10 am and one was out dancing on the side of the road. Like does that really work? Is a trucker like... oh well I guess I wasn't going to pay for a beej this morning, but she's dancing...

And actually Bas Cuvier after dark seems like a sketchy fuckin place to be. It's not the kind of place you bring a head lamp and finish your project by lantern light. I think my car would likely be broken into or I would stumble on some sex thing on the way back to the parking lot. Thinkin Petit Bois for the lantern session lol. A whole forest full of projects...
Lox
Diamond

Postby toivo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:30 pm

talking to a friend from Paris, and she was shocked at my interest in Font. she considered it to be, according to her sensibilities, not entirely a vacation spot. history has it as a hideout for witches and brigands.
toivo
Corundum

Postby Lox » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Exactly why I am here. That and work... but mostly the brigand-ing.
Lox
Diamond

Postby RockPharmer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:57 pm

Font is beginning to sound more and more like Lincoln Woods just without the graffiti. And better climbing.
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby Lox » Thu May 03, 2018 4:05 pm

I think this place would be pretty amazing even if the climbing was OK... but the fact that there is an insane amount of incredible boldering cranks everything up to 11.

Like the other day we went to the dump. The French dump. Super clean disposal site they call a dump when you Google translate it. Super nice staff. You get there by going down little 2-lane country roads through amazing farmlands. Each copse of trees in the distance holds the potential for amazing boldering. The route back takes you through a couple picturesque villages.

It is like a mundane thing that is amazing because around every corner there is a new thing to explore - an antique shop, a house built into some boulders that you later find out is right by some bomb ass climbing area you never heard of, etc.

I dunno if a trip to the dump at lincoln woods is like that, but I'm glad I live here...
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Mon May 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Are you in Texas now?

On another note... I love peeing in my backyard. I have peed in my own backyard more times in the last month than in 5 years living in Germany. And I had a backyard most of those years, there is just very little privacy in Germany. Fuck yeh yard pissin.
Lox
Diamond

Next

Return to Bouldering