Wowwww

Wowwww

Postby Matt Parker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Oh my my my my how has the internet allowed such a travesty as this board, and with this many degenerates to continue operating???? Who still actually climbs rocks, boulders or gym walls here?!?

Haha, I kid, but I wanted to say hi to all of you circus animals since it's been so long from the last time I logged into this place. And with a future potential absence of net neutrality laws, I thought I'd say hi before your hosting service gives you the unofficial boot. I see Lox is still here, but is there anyone still here who's actually kind of cool?? Betty? Criz? Jestyr? Evil Temp? or even Pander...? JK LOX. Love ya'll, will never forget you.... thank you Joules for helping me reset my account.
Matt Parker
Fluorite

Re: Wowwww

Postby joules » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:37 am

I guess I'm not cool, love you too matty parker
joules
Corundum

Postby Betty » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Matt Parker!!! How the hell are you? You still climbing?
Betty
Topaz

Postby Lox » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:52 am

Fuckin A Matt Parker is back!

Do tell us what you have been up to. Are you sending harder than all us old farts now? What is your latest sick project mang? Let's hear about the new rig!!!!!!11
Lox
Diamond

Postby toivo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 pm

at this point, only the dog house is climbable. it is pretty cold and snowing in canada land. #doghouserules
toivo
Corundum

Postby Matt Parker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:50 pm

joules wrote:I guess I'm not cool, love you too matty parker

Haha Joules, you are so cool... I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for you! You really should negotiate a salary or some form of compensation from these "official board administrators" i see posted here, cuz they're not doing a thing!!!!!
Matt Parker
Fluorite

Postby Matt Parker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:52 pm

mountainz wrote:OG.

btw u forgot to include porch in there.

That is right, I forgot a few, my bad. Niceporch, Pianomahn, Suzie Q, FREEHUECO I see you're still here, I remember you. And CLIFFHANGER. Where's CLIFFHANGER? And who are you by the way? Mountainz? Pffff. lol
Matt Parker
Fluorite

Postby Matt Parker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Betty wrote:Matt Parker!!! How the hell are you? You still climbing?

I am great Betty! How've you been all these years? I really haven't been climbing, besides each rung of the ladder we all call life... it's mostly been worth it ;) Are you still climbing rocks of the sort??? I got pretty obsessed with snowboarding here in co a few years back, but I haven't been doing that either, my limbs and joints can't take it anymore. But I would love to get back into climbing honestly, just haven't had time. My old rock gym here in Denver shut down a long time ago, and all the others here just aren't the same. But some day... It's so good to hear from you!
Matt Parker
Fluorite

Postby Matt Parker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Lox wrote:Fuckin A Matt Parker is back!

Do tell us what you have been up to. Are you sending harder than all us old farts now? What is your latest sick project mang? Let's hear about the new rig!!!!!!11

Ya know Lox, what can I say? You come here to Colorado, flash all my projects from years ago, and then have the balls to ask me what I'm working on now?? How dare you. You really are a jerk.

No lol seriously, I need to get back into it. Not actually any bouldering or sport climbing..just maybe some extreme top roping routes.. I need to find me a 5.9 to start with.. ya know a tough one, at least a 5.9B or C of the sort, I think I could still handle that :D. How about you?
Matt Parker
Fluorite

Postby Matt Parker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:06 pm

toivo wrote:at this point, only the dog house is climbable. it is pretty cold and snowing in canada land. #doghouserules

Canada does suck by the way. Don't get me started. But who are you? Why have so many of you changed your screen names? What was wrong with what ya had? Mine isn't even a screen name, it is my name. Zero fucks given. But if ya change your screen name, you mean nothing to me or to the history of boldering.com.
Matt Parker
Fluorite

Postby Betty » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Matt Parker wrote:

I am great Betty! How've you been all these years? I really haven't been climbing, besides each rung of the ladder we all call life... it's mostly been worth it ;) Are you still climbing rocks of the sort??? I got pretty obsessed with snowboarding here in co a few years back, but I haven't been doing that either, my limbs and joints can't take it anymore. But I would love to get back into climbing honestly, just haven't had time. My old rock gym here in Denver shut down a long time ago, and all the others here just aren't the same. But some day... It's so good to hear from you!

Let’s go climb once the snow melts, Matt. I’m in Arvada a lot, and we can go bouldering or to Eldo and avoid the plastic.

I’m doing great - still climbing rocks and mountains. Some ice and big wall these past couple years, but still tons of Hueco and CenTex bouldering and Oklahoma trad. You should get back into it!
Betty
Topaz

Postby Matt Parker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:53 pm

Betty wrote:
Matt Parker wrote:

Let’s go climb once the snow melts, Matt. I’m in Arvada a lot, and we can go bouldering or to Eldo and avoid the plastic.

I’m doing great - still climbing rocks and mountains. Some ice and big wall these past couple years, but still tons of Hueco and CenTex bouldering and Oklahoma trad. You should get back into it!

Ok deal! I hope to find some time but I must say that this will be a be a big year for me.. I'm almost through with school and awaiting a potential career change but with that I will need to work my ass off these coming months if I want to progress. But that would be awesome at some point!

And you do ice climbing too?? That's so bad ass. I don't think I could ever do that, or would want to lol.
Matt Parker
Fluorite

Postby Betty » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:16 pm

Sounds good. Good luck with school and career stuff! Exciting times!

Yep, I succumbed to the dirty practice of ice. It’s something to be ashamed of, not proud. jk
Betty
Topaz

Postby Lox » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:02 pm

Matt Parker wrote:Ya know Lox, what can I say? You come here to Colorado, flash all my projects from years ago, and then have the balls to ask me what I'm working on now?? How dare you. You really are a jerk.

No lol seriously, I need to get back into it. Not actually any bouldering or sport climbing..just maybe some extreme top roping routes.. I need to find me a 5.9 to start with.. ya know a tough one, at least a 5.9B or C of the sort, I think I could still handle that :D. How about you?

I will be in Colorado sometime soon I hope. My parents moved there and I need to visit. I'm living in Germany now. Gym climbing, cheap beer and trips to font. Sometimes the rain stops and I get to climb on 'das choss' as they call it here. Oh and I have a kid and surprise surprise... he's crazy. Just like his dad.
Lox
Diamond

Postby toivo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Matt Parker wrote:
toivo wrote:at this point, only the dog house is climbable. it is pretty cold and snowing in canada land. #doghouserules

Canada does suck by the way. Don't get me started. But who are you? Why have so many of you changed your screen names? What was wrong with what ya had? Mine isn't even a screen name, it is my name. Zero fucks given. But if ya change your screen name, you mean nothing to me or to the history of boldering.com.

well it is cold, but we keep warm one way or another.

screenname4life
toivo
Corundum

Postby Matt Parker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Lox wrote:
Matt Parker wrote:Ya know Lox, what can I say? You come here to Colorado, flash all my projects from years ago, and then have the balls to ask me what I'm working on now?? How dare you. You really are a jerk.

I will be in Colorado sometime soon I hope. My parents moved there and I need to visit. I'm living in Germany now. Gym climbing, cheap beer and trips to font. Sometimes the rain stops and I get to climb on 'das choss' as they call it here. Oh and I have a kid and surprise surprise... he's crazy. Just like his dad.

Hey well congratulations to you! That is amazing. You take him climbing yet?? Future Prodigy in the making!
Matt Parker
Fluorite

Postby joules » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:17 am

what made you so positive? is it communicable?
joules
Corundum

Postby Lox » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:48 pm

He lives in Colorado. Positive vibes are legal there...
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Matt Parker wrote:Hey well congratulations to you! That is amazing. You take him climbing yet?? Future Prodigy in the making!

Thanks! He is a riot and makes life both extremely difficult and extremely rewarding. He has little climbing shoes with crabs on them. We got them for him for his first trip to font.

I am teaching him to say " SIIIIICK" when he sends a bolder problem.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Matt Parker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Lox wrote:I am teaching him to say " SIIIIICK" when he sends a bolder problem.

Haha nice! Just don't forget "RAD" and also "PUMPED" when his arms are sore.... Right? Do climbers still use these terms? I've been out of the game.... Thanks for letting me know what CHOSS is. I've been reading this all over and had no idea what that was until now hahaha.
Matt Parker
Fluorite

Next

Return to Bouldering