sup fools.

Re: sup fools.

Postby zirc » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 pm

stonefiend wrote:Criz. This was the last straw...

b4

4f73r

Believe it or not, I went on a total $50/day daily binge cycle for a month after this 'till I looked myself in the mirror one day and realized I wanted to LIVE.

I wanted to be able to go on backpacking trips without having to carry half my load in alcohol. Get fit beyond my imagination. Be the best I can be at any endeavor I put my mind to, whether it be cleaning the bathroom, or starting my own business.

Clarity of mind is not there yet as I'm still detoxing, but it's improving.

You asked how I quit. I realized I never took it seriously. As a matter of fact, I take very few things seriously... but when the shit gets REAL, I STAND UP. I'd come to a point in my life where the world needed to grow in my mind. The world stopped growing when I was drinking. My motivation, creativity, clarity of mind, athleticism, everything was fading. I was going broke. I'd go broke or go to jail (probably both) if I continued drinking. I'm paying $4000 in court fees and alcohol classes and therapy (court mandated). The methodology I used is not really recommended, and have full support of my good friend Jennifer, who helped me through the first 3 days of hell.

Originally, I was going to take 2 weeks to wean myself off of the sauce, and decided to pick a good day as a mark when I quit. I asked Jen when the summer solstice was, and she said "the day after tomorrow". I promised myself that I'd quit on that day (I didn't tell anyone). I had 8 beers left in the fridge which were given to me as a tip. I told myself I'd drink 4 today and 4 tomorrow. Then I just stopped on the solstice. Replaced beer with 12 packs of grape soda and a healthier diet with lots of water. I was and still am fuzzy and scatter brained as it's only been 22 days, but hangin' in there. I've been to bars several times and 2 bbq's without drinking. The bartenders know that I want a ginger-ale when order a 518 (the day I made the decision to quit). 5200 for a pelegrino with lime. I quit on 5/20, but decided to add another zero for effect. The bbq's were hard, but I'd bring my grape drink (wtf is juice?) and leave when people got drunk and obnoxious.

It's a matter of taking control of my life. I used to never turn anything down. I did what I wanted to, even if it was irresponsible. Now I'm the opposite, almost to a fault. I don't kiss ass if I know I'm right at work... If my boss is a dick, I call that shit out. I started doing this last winter, and definitely don't recommend it to anyone who wants to keep their job. ...

Well, book abridged, here I am. I started boxing to get back in shape and take off the edge.

cool i hope you stick with it. didn't have any withies?
zirc
Corundum

Postby weaksauce#4 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:54 pm

@skav

I agree with you, but all you did was try and correct me by repeating what I said...not that I need to tell you that correction does not work that way, its time to lay off the drugs with Jesus.

truth cuts like a two edged sword separating soul and spirit
weaksauce#4
Satan Worshipper

Postby zirc » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:16 pm

question is... what would jesus do if he got hammered and totaled his bmw then went on a month long haavy drinking binge?
zirc
Corundum

Postby 600#gorilla » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 pm

probably a bunch of hookers and blow?
600#gorilla
Diamond

Postby Monkey » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:26 am

shoulda bought my studded winter tires.
Monkey
Fluorite

Postby weaksauce#4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:26 am

zirc wrote:question is... what would jesus do if he got hammered and totaled his bmw then went on a month long haavy drinking binge?

Jesus would not get drunk, I dont even think he would drive a beemer
weaksauce#4
Satan Worshipper

Postby skav » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:19 am

No, campustard. If you stare into nothing and come out with a "fresh" flavor of the same regurgitated prophet as earlier religions seeking an ever shifting ideal you're probably a bit dim. If you get to the point of realizing this and don't see how it's especially instructive then you're possibly agreeable but certainly not clever.

Saying what Jesus would or would not do at any given point in his incredibly unsourced life is adorable. You don't have a maglite, do you?
skav
Diamond

Postby weaksauce#4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:56 am

Your comment is not completely clear but I get the point already Skav.
I think (feel free to quote me) Jesus would drive a beemer now that you mention it, going out into the world to help...feed the hungry, gives clothes to those that have none...my opinion does not matter though.

His love never changes and therefore he's not someone you would want to pick on..he's someone we were made to love also.
Last edited by weaksauce#4 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
weaksauce#4
Satan Worshipper

Postby stonefiend » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:00 am

Yo Criz. Nothing in the car... just had 3 redbull vodkas (strong i suppose) at a concert before heading home in what seemed like dry conditions. I never drink caffeine and was all amped up by someone who said my car was slower than his... I was just driving far too fast around a notorious turn. Hit a frozen seep and that's all she wrote. He wasn't even racing me.. just putting about when I decided to pass with my foot to the floor in 3rd. My head busted out the driver's side window and I don't remember anything after the accident, though I was apparently lucid through the whole process.

The wreck was not a big part of the decision. It was only a trigger and a clue. And 600#, it's interesting you say I'm making it a big deal, but honestly, after the first week, I stopped keeping track of my days until I decided to write about this shiz on here. But I do think it's more the days when you stop giving a fuck that causes relapse. I've been asking social drinkers why they only have 1 or 2 drinks/beers. They say "cause it tastes good". Dude, my grape drink tastes way better than ethanol. I no longer see it as a vice... more just that ethanol is not something to be consumed by mammals.

Word for the encouragement my friends. Reminds me that I made a good decision.

Carry on..
stonefiend
Corundum

Postby weaksauce#4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:12 am

just filled my car up with 40% of 85% octane gas and 60% of 87% octane gas
It cant run on 85% octane alone...
i'm going to keep lowering the percentage of more expensive gas until i find out what the cheapest mix it can take is.
weaksauce#4
Satan Worshipper

Postby KIX » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:36 pm

dude, i have never seen anybody as baked as you were when i met you in Hueco.

you are the king of pie-eyed baked!

a common misperception primarily attributed to the fact that I am crusty.
I also might have just had some actual pie in my eye since I do favor the pecan pies at the Vista.

sometimes the book is just the cover.
KIX
Diamond

Postby AlwaysLimping » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

AlwaysLimping
Topaz

Postby 600#gorilla » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:06 pm

KIX wrote:
dude, i have never seen anybody as baked as you were when i met you in Hueco.

you are the king of pie-eyed baked!

a common misperception primarily attributed to the fact that I am crusty.
I also might have just had some actual pie in my eye since I do favor the pecan pies at the Vista.

sometimes the book is just the cover.

oh, the pies! i started eating like a pig in Hueco and went home and never stopped until a few months ago (i think?).

lol.

hah, brah, you when already had my respek by den, so nevah when mattah.

plus, i swear i wen see one pecan in yo maka!

shaka, hah?
600#gorilla
Diamond

Postby RockPharmer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Four pages of this BS (props to the sobriety work though. Really). Joules would be proud.
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby 600#gorilla » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:34 pm

600#gorilla
Diamond

Postby stonefiend » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:47 am

Alwayslimping - funny you posted that.

This dude in the ring with me is big. I am not.

I'm like 10 years older than him and 100 lbs lighter. Ran into one of his right crosses trying to telegraph an overhand right and caught some air... tweaked my neck.
stonefiend
Corundum

Postby 600#gorilla » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:13 pm

yo fiend,

are people always asking you if you know Tyler Durden?

what's the first rule?
600#gorilla
Diamond

Postby AlwaysLimping » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:48 am

AlwaysLimping
Topaz

Postby stonefiend » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:03 am

Lol.. Shit I forgot you was from Big Bear. Fuck big bear mang I train full-time at elevation so i can bust some ass in Miami, detroit, philly, LA, Vegas, stockton, NYC... Bring it! My head hurts.
stonefiend
Corundum

Postby push » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:23 am

What the fuck is going on here?
push
Calcite

PreviousNext

Return to Bouldering