Reflections from Font

Re: Reflections from Font

Postby Lox » Sun May 20, 2018 5:27 pm

La Marie Rose was a fuckin oven today... 75 degrees, full sun and no breeze. And still the noobs line up to grease up the first three footholds.

#smarmfest

Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Ps. No one in this photo sent the problem.

And this was before the crowd showed up...
Lox
Diamond

Postby RockPharmer » Tue May 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Wow. That makes me never want to go to font. Also, what’s up with the doofus in the helmet?
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby Lox » Wed May 23, 2018 4:10 pm

HAH.

That's my toddler in his pirate helmet. You can see his strider bike in the lower left of the frame, where noobz were almost falling on it. He was rippin up the trails with his homeboy.

To be fair, Marie Rose is the most popular moderate in the most popular area. There are so many better problems that are shaded and solitary, even on the holiday weekends. This was a big German holiday, so that explains all the big Germans in the pic...
Lox
Diamond

Postby RockPharmer » Thu May 24, 2018 7:00 am

HAH x2. As soon as I typed that, I knew you were gonna come back with “hey, that’s my kid”

Europe also seems to be full of grade A backfat as well.
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby Lox » Thu May 24, 2018 5:25 pm

#lardonplusplus

If you came to visit, I would take you to the serene spots with more stellar climbs than backfat asshats. Sometimes you end up at tha cooove because your kid made a foret friend... at least the hecklin is good.
Lox
Diamond

Postby FreeHueco » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Shit, that place looks more crowded than the gym on a snowy winter evening.

Where's the opposite of 'Bleau?
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!
FreeHueco
Corundum

Postby Lox » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:39 pm

The Vulkaneifel in Germany. No crowds, a handful of problems, problems are all bad, terrible steep landings, choss quality rock and awful food. There are reasons people come here and avoid Glees... although one time Jan Hojer put up a hard eliminate there!!1
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Font in the summer has a surprising amount of boldering action and even a lot of visitors climbing here. I mean... they are noobs from the Netherlands, but the psyche is high, as are the temps. Good for yellow circuits while the kid plays in the sand tho. The ticks are an issue.

Check yer 'nads people. The only lime disease you want is a margarita addiction.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Its been in the upper 90z here and no clouds in teh sky until epic blood moon night and now its Tstorms like a mofo.

The weather here finds exciting new ways to fuck you over!!1
Lox
Diamond

Postby toivo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:26 pm

weather can be like that. we have forest fires north and south of the cabin. lots of summer student employment around here getting dropped by helicopter onto fires.
toivo
Corundum

Postby Lox » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:44 pm

Weather is stranger now. 77 and sunny last weekend, 47 and clouds and wind this weekend.

Gettin fuckin noice in this foret.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:02 pm

And now the rain begins. At least on a Monday morning. I was so worried about my lawn moss and I think in a month I will look back fondly on the days of barren, mossless lawn as I hack back endless mushrooms with a machete.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:05 pm

In other news... stellar boldering weather when it's not. And the wine is great when it is...
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Update: still raining. The one day was an anomaly. No wonder 'fontsgiving' isn't a thing...
Lox
Diamond

Postby toivo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 pm

full on -20c winter here in northern ontario, so much snow! the ground is freezing well.

the only rock climbing is in the dog shed, out of doors, under the shed. radiant heater to thaw fingers between tries and to let the dogs sleep comfortably.
toivo
Corundum

Postby toivo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:28 pm

Lox wrote:Update: still raining. The one day was an anomaly. No wonder 'fontsgiving' isn't a thing...

..'tis not the season for friction climbing in France.

it's cold outside.

we've burnt 2 cords of hardwood and half of the kindling already. #winterishereinCanada
toivo
Corundum

Postby Lox » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:44 pm

I bought 4 steres of wood, packed the woodshed and have overflow stacked along the wall. Not burning that much during the weeks, but have had a fire going during waking hours since yesterday at lunch. I just wish I had a nice, efficient woodstove, rather than this drafty fireplace.

Smells nice though...
Lox
Diamond

Postby toivo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:33 pm

never heard of a 'stere' before. we laid up 8 cords last winter and ran out, having to cut down standing dead ash trees in the backyard to heat the cabin. this year we got 10 cords into the woodshed and that may run out too.it is a kind of desperate feeling to start running out of firewood midwinter

there is no beating a good stove that gets double combustion, burning the smoke before it goes up the chimney. we've got a mason stove, so an insert and a stone and masonry fireplace in the middle of the house, with its own foundation, that takes a couple of days to heat up, but is very even heat when it does. the fire burns all night when it is shut down, no need for matches in the morning.

with the guest house and sauna, 3 fires can take up most of one's day keeping them burning. when the snow is gone come may it is nice to nap on the bare ground in the sun, not having to move so much to stay warm.
toivo
Corundum

Postby Lox » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:30 pm

That's some Sting level tantric fireplace shit. I stoke it up quick on a Saturday evening, poke it a few times to keep it going until I'm sleepy and then good until the next weekend.

REPRAZENT.

Also a stère is a cubic meter of wood. Surprised with the language sharing you never heard of it - Le stère est une unité de mesure de volume, valant un mètre cube, utilisée pour mesurer les volumes de stockage de bois de chauffage ou de charpente.
Lox
Diamond

PreviousNext

Return to Bouldering