Gamers ..

Gamers ..

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:58 pm

The two best games of the last decade, by far, have been Portal 2 and Limbo. Anyone know of any games for xbox that are close to these two games??? I keep turning up nothing. People keep recommending Braid but I have it and I dont think it even comes close as far as game play.

Lmk
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Re: Gamers ..

Postby zirc » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:36 pm

grand theft auto
zirc
Corundum

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:08 pm

The hookers always take my money
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby skav » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:37 pm

I don't play on consoles, but there have been a ton of good games the past few years. Sounds like you enjoy artsy kind of casual puzzle platformers? I'm not sure if all of these are available to you. There's always Portal 2 and Portal Stories: Mel if you want more of the same.

The makers of Limbo released Inside a couple months ago. Fun gameplay with a neat twist. It's very similar to Limbo.

The Talos Principle is similar in a lot of ways to Portal. More difficult puzzles and different mechanics, but might scratch the itch.

You might like The Long Dark. I'm not sure if its found its way out of alpha yet but what I've played of it was fun. If winning is a thing you value stay away. There isn't really a victory condition.

Gang Beasts is one of the most fun group games I've played in a while.

I've been playing Dishonored 2 lately. It's the spiritual successor to Looking Glass's Thief franchise and can be played like those games if you want or with more modern mechanics if that's your thing.

/geek
skav
Diamond

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:31 pm

I havent played on a PC since the Tomb Raider: last revelation / redneck rampage days. But after looking up the Talos Principle I would be willing to get that for PC .. Its either that or buy an Xbox one which I dont really want to do yet.
It looks like Valve had a hand in that one even though it was developed by Croteam which might explain the portal 2 / half-life similarities. According to the reviews its pretty kick ass, and has solid puzzles.

I have the first Dishonored, but just like the hitman series and Deus Ex, about half way throught the game, I just lose patience with sneaking around, and I cant advance through the more difficult boards without a firefight. I suck at that style of gaming. Which is a shame because most of the game play in Dishonered was killer. And the puzzle aspects were actually pretty challenging.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions. Im always willing to geek out. Especially when it comes to movies butchering comic books .. And video games
Last edited by Cardboard_Dog on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby FreeHueco » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:07 am

I think all you gamers need to take up a real world enactment of the Hunger Games.
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!
FreeHueco
Corundum

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Call of Duty / team deathmatch / hardcore
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby Lox » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Red Dead Redemption was pretty rad.

I also hate the sneaky-sneaky gaemz (because I lose patience and shoot shit.)
Lox
Diamond

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:52 am

Last edited by Cardboard_Dog on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:55 am

mountainz wrote:I play real life.

That game sucks. I havent lost patience and started shooting shit yet but I also havent ruled out the possibility ..
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Return to Bouldering