Mahfawkaz

Mahfawkaz

Postby zirc » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:30 am

Mahfawkaz with bellies like that ain't off the cheeseburgers b!
zirc
Corundum

Re: Mahfawkaz

Postby zirc » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:29 am

Seriously tho. I don't know what to do.
zirc
Corundum

Postby ScreamingMedic » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:02 pm

About what?

Climbing and cheeseburgers?

Just channel your inner john dunne, pussy
ScreamingMedic
Corundum

Postby zirc » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:16 pm

About what?

Well let me tell you.

This fucking idiot egregiously chipping/excavating/sculpting boulders in the gunks again. I mean fuck....

I'm totally blocked from seeing any of this on his accounts. He must erroneously think I was behind the video stakeout where he was caught chipping or something. Who gives a fuck. But I was forwarded this image, its at Table Rock, in the Gunks. A place I hold close to my heart cuz I helped develop it. Anyways, during Ivan's first egregious chipping episode with his butt boy Mike Milakian, this impossible roof we had scoped many times was brutally chipped. Its funny, because after he chipped it, my friends (who didn't know he chipped it at the time) did all the moves. Then they realized it was a fuckin chipped out mess and never went back.

Anyways, I get this new image forwarded to me the other day of Ivan on it again, but there was something missing. A HUGE FUCKIN BLOCK. Lol. its highlighted below. And this flat slopey crimp near the end looked oddly incut now.

So the guy's back, out of his mind obviously, and re chipping old chipped out shit piles down to his even lower level of climbing ability apparently. Totally fuct up. But what can you do, is it illegal? I don't know. Does anyone even give a fuck anymore in this world?

The destruction is brutally obvious, gunks rock scars and then rusts. Ivan try's to hide it with chalk but as you'll see. When there's an 8 FOOT diameter section of chipped/chopped material missing from a roof. Chalk ain't gonna hide shit. As my friend who just hiked out to verify/document the mess said " its a blood bath".

Here's the pix:

More chipped shit, duno why... you can't make this shit up...

sweet hold brah! you're a legend

flat edge now a pocket? weird. Just cleaning.

All the chisel/chipped/drilled out chunks below the roof

zirc
Corundum

Postby ScreamingMedic » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:53 am

Shit happens in the PNW too, though not quit as egregiously

Is there like, a tree spiking equivalent for rock chippers?
ScreamingMedic
Corundum

Postby slim » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Doesn't look that bad.

You live in a hellhole, what do you expect?
slim
Diamond

Postby zirc » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:55 pm

j-rock's new album
zirc
Corundum

Postby RockPharmer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Heard this is gonna be the third season of Serial.
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby skav » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:55 pm

You're a bit off, it's Making a Murderer, not Serial.
skav
Diamond

Postby zirc » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:12 am

Sure I'm hung over and burnt owt, but that's what bein a good dads all about
zirc
Corundum

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:21 pm

OK typing an actual serious post gives me period cramps, but what the hell. If there is any PR that needs to take place here, because honestly, as minor as it may be in the grand schema, Ivan shouldn't be getting away with chipping fucking boulders. Even if they are impossible otherwise, even if drilled pockets and glued holds are acceptable out west, every area has its widely accepted ethics, and that's part of the fucking game. Either play or don't play. But back to my point, you should let someone else handle the talking points because you just come across as an angry dick. And no matter how egregious people may find Ivan's chipping, if the person delivering the news is percieved as an angry dick, people will stop talking about chipping and start focusing on you. And that would be counter productive. I would bet that a good deal of the people that commented on the chipping video back in the day, did so just to take a swing at you. And they ended up defending Ivans bullshit in the process.
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby toivo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:15 pm

play or don't p[lay. right on.
toivo
Corundum

Postby Betty » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:24 pm

With the guys I climbed with who chipped, it was okay for concrete spillways or other man made structures. Those same guys would have beaten (okay, really did beat) the snot out of anyone chipping rock.

I know a few rock chippers too, and it seems like that's not the only thing wrong with them.
Betty
Topaz

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:10 pm

toivo wrote:play or don't p[lay. right on.

Right? If everyone made up their own rules it would be CHAOS ...
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby AlwaysLimping » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:37 pm

I've never met a rock climber that looked capable of beating the snot out of anything besides an erect penis.
AlwaysLimping
Topaz

Postby zirc » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Cardboard_Dog wrote:OK typing an actual serious post gives me period cramps, but what the hell. If there is any PR that needs to take place here, because honestly, as minor as it may be in the grand schema, Ivan shouldn't be getting away with chipping fucking boulders. Even if they are impossible otherwise, even if drilled pockets and glued holds are acceptable out west, every area has its widely accepted ethics, and that's part of the fucking game. Either play or don't play. But back to my point, you should let someone else handle the talking points because you just come across as an angry dick. And no matter how egregious people may find Ivan's chipping, if the person delivering the news is percieved as an angry dick, people will stop talking about chipping and start focusing on you. And that would be counter productive. I would bet that a good deal of the people that commented on the chipping video back in the day, did so just to take a swing at you. And they ended up defending Ivans bullshit in the process.

hes chipping zones we developed, so yeh, my bad, but i am an angry dick. fuck it.
zirc
Corundum

Postby skav » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Cardboard_Dog wrote:OK typing an actual serious post gives me period cramps, but what the hell. If there is any PR that needs to take place here, because honestly, as minor as it may be in the grand schema, Ivan shouldn't be getting away with chipping fucking boulders. Even if they are impossible otherwise, even if drilled pockets and glued holds are acceptable out west, every area has its widely accepted ethics, and that's part of the fucking game. Either play or don't play. But back to my point, you should let someone else handle the talking points because you just come across as an angry dick. And no matter how egregious people may find Ivan's chipping, if the person delivering the news is percieved as an angry dick, people will stop talking about chipping and start focusing on you. And that would be counter productive. I would bet that a good deal of the people that commented on the chipping video back in the day, did so just to take a swing at you. And they ended up defending Ivans bullshit in the process.

Fuck that. Be angry at Ivan and the fuckwits defending him. Don't give up the moral high ground because you're a bitch.
skav
Diamond

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Well from what i know you're not an actual angry dick, just, like me, sound like one online every once in a while. Im not saying its not fucked up, I'm actually saying the opposite. Its a dick move. But I clearly remember the comments from that chipping video, and there were more people defending him than condemning him. Which is absurd. I doubt if it was some unknown they would have received similar treatment.
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:10 pm

skav wrote:. .... Don't give up the moral high ground because you're a bitch.

While i wholly appreciate the use of "moral high ground" and "bitch" in the same sentence, i think the problem is that for some people, the ground is actually morally dubious as opposed to tenebrous
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby Lox » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:11 pm

Morels in boldering. Makes me want to explore the Dalmatian coast.
Lox
Diamond

Next

Return to Bouldering