sup fools.

sup fools.

Postby joules » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I live in cabin in the middle of the goddamned desert in central AZ with my cat and my dirty old man. Only suckling at the grid teat a little bit. No phone, cable, or wired internet connection, occasional spotty 3g for tethering. Hills and mesas to climb, creeks and canyons to explore, all out my back door. I'm a cook in a fancypants place in Sedona and diggin' the career shift. I climbed for the first time in nearly 2 yrs (in a gym, but I'll take it) in Boston a few weeks ago and discovered that the last eight months of working in kitchens have pretty much fully rehabbed my back from my bike wreck in '08... I felt strong, not tweaky at all, and even crushed some plastic roofs. Climbing better now off the couch than I was when I started my break. I can't wait for it to cool down a bit outside so I can pull on some local sandstone.

Catch me up on yer life.
joules
Corundum

Re: sup fools.

Postby RockPharmer » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Jesus Christ theyre crawling out of the cracks this week.

'sup joules?
Last edited by RockPharmer on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:16 pm

where the fuck is DinoJesus
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby toivo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:25 pm

where is dinojesus when the world needs a little crushing? where indeed...

cabins are where it's at.

it is summer, so a good time to go feral and afford oneself some perspective on our so called civilization.
toivo
Corundum

Postby joules » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Amen. Sitting on my canyon-rim porch drinking fireball cinnamon whiskey from plastic and belting out billy joel and roger clyne alongside my ipod dock as the last light relents to stars. Only when the moon is full is the milky way not a bright streak across the sky. I love life. I love you guys... You raised me. I won't forget that.
joules
Corundum

Postby slim » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:47 am

nah, useless degrees are useless
slim
Diamond

Postby weaksauce#4 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 pm

tsup

been getting close to Jesus and what not, he changed my life.
I was doing drugs, depressed, hurt, weak, had mercury and silver
in my teeth and all that stuff is gone! I dont even climb anymore!

Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb!
weaksauce#4
Satan Worshipper

Postby Tronic » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:41 pm

dab
Tronic
Corundum

Postby zirc » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:16 pm

WE DONE RAISED YOU GIRL!
zirc
Corundum

Postby AlwaysLimping » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:18 pm

AlwaysLimping
Topaz

Postby weaksauce#4 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:58 pm

reminds me of the story of Barrabas and how they wanted him (the murder') out of jail and Jesus in Jail...
weaksauce#4
Satan Worshipper

Postby Ikefromla » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Nice, Joules! Glad to hear you're livin the good life out in the desert. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous of your quiet and Milky Way views.
Catch you up on our lives huh?
Well I made a career (if you can call it that) shift recently as well. In February I stopped running customer service for the fucked up currency trading company I was working at for the last two years. I've been coaching (climbing, dumbasses) in LA since last September and at the end of May I started as head routesetter at a fairly tall gym in SoCal, meaning I now work in climbing full-time. Clearly, I'm making the best possible use of my fine art and art history degree. I think I might even be getting better at rock climbing. Oh yeah, and sometimes I sport climb (dab). I've been trying to push it on a rope for the first time since my accident 5 years ago. Yeah, that was 5 years ago.
Joules, did you climb at one of the Central Rocks in the Boston area? I was chatting with their owner yesterday, as we're both currently in Atlanta for sport climbing Youth Nationals (pretty proud I've got two kids going on to semi-finals tomorrow), and he showed me some photos of those gyms. They look pretty good for plastic.
Oh yes, and fuck the haters.
Ikefromla
Diamond

Postby Lox » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Joules... living in Tucson, it is hot here. But... if your back is still fucked or you need someone to look at it, I have a great cranial-sacral doc who worked wonders on my back.

If you ever want to come see him, let me know.

Glad you are doing well and, especially, eating well.
Lox
Diamond

Postby joy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 pm

ike, I'm swinging through vegas on the tail end of a little road trip. need recs for a badass chinese restaurant.
joy
Corundum

Postby Ikefromla » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Badass Chinese? I thought all Chinese was the same. What about Thai? Pin Kaow on Rainbow at Lake Mead is the best Thai in Vegas. Best Sushi is at a hole in the wall called Sushi Yamaguchi on Charleston just east of Jones. Over-priced Asian fusion at Little Buddha in The Palms is really good. Honestly though, I can't remember the last time I had Chinese in Vegas.
When you gonna be there, Joy? I'll be there Wednesday for a few.
Ikefromla
Diamond

Postby joy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 pm

No. Chinese. There is no decent Chinese food in Flagstaff. Vegas is big enough - you have to have some. I'm talking authentic, Chinese Chinese food, not American Chinese food. And I have a Thai place already if I need as a backup.

I'll be there on my birthday.
joy
Corundum

Postby KIX » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:38 am

sitting in the AZ desert drinking Sotol with a gun on her hip.

a fine bit of parenting.
congratulate yourselves.
Last edited by KIX on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
KIX
Diamond

Postby slim » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:41 am

Ikefromla wrote:Badass Chinese? I thought all Chinese was the same. What about Thai? Pin Kaow on Rainbow at Lake Mead is the best Thai in Vegas. Best Sushi is at a hole in the wall called Sushi Yamaguchi on Charleston just east of Jones. Over-priced Asian fusion at Little Buddha in The Palms is really good. Honestly though, I can't remember the last time I had Chinese in Vegas.

Hopefully Im going to show jew what good Chinese is tomorrow night in Atlanta! Bring teh kiddies if you dare!! We swear and act like savages. There will be bones on the floor.
slim
Diamond

Postby Whiteflash » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:35 pm

slim wrote:
Ikefromla wrote:Badass Chinese? I thought all Chinese was the same. What about Thai? Pin Kaow on Rainbow at Lake Mead is the best Thai in Vegas. Best Sushi is at a hole in the wall called Sushi Yamaguchi on Charleston just east of Jones. Over-priced Asian fusion at Little Buddha in The Palms is really good. Honestly though, I can't remember the last time I had Chinese in Vegas.

Hopefully Im going to show jew what good Chinese is tomorrow night in Atlanta! Bring teh kiddies if you dare!! We swear and act like savages. There will be bones on the floor.

Damn I miss my slim Atlanta eating experiences.
Whiteflash
Quartz

Postby evil temptress » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:45 pm

I guess our offer of taking Ike to authentic szechuan was kind of a waste, but we will take you anyways.

Irish, we miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Don't you ever come to Atlanta anymore?

Joules, I would fill you in on my life, but you pretty much see what I do on facebook...living the life of a rockstar microbiologist, eating good food, running, and cleaning up after slim.
evil temptress
Corundum

Next

Return to Bouldering