CARS FUCKING RULE

Re: I love CARS

Postby malachi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:53 am

slim wrote:Exactly. Probably on a mustang dyno. Thats WELL OVER 300 FT LBS all day long. Thanks for reinforcing my point.

A couple of questions for Malachi.

1) why upgrade fuel injectors for a td04 when the stock one only runs at like 80 percent duty cycle?

2) why is your spool so slow on that motor? looks like it might be a 2.0? must be with upgraded injectors (per my last question)

3) is this your car?

Oh... you're talking estimated torque at the CRANK?
I'd assumed you were talking MEASURED.

In response to your questions:

1 - I assume because he's running boost over 17psi (reasonably common).
2 - I'd guess the tune.
3 - Nah. I'm not running a TD04. Too unreliable.
malachi
Corundum

Postby slim » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:58 am

malachi wrote:
slim wrote:Exactly. Probably on a mustang dyno. Thats WELL OVER 300 FT LBS all day long. Thanks for reinforcing my point.

A couple of questions for Malachi.

1) why upgrade fuel injectors for a td04 when the stock one only runs at like 80 percent duty cycle?

2) why is your spool so slow on that motor? looks like it might be a 2.0? must be with upgraded injectors (per my last question)

3) is this your car?

Oh... you're talking estimated torque at the CRANK?
I'd assumed you were talking MEASURED.

In response to your questions:

1 - I assume because he's running boost over 17psi (reasonably common).
2 - I'd guess the tune.
3 - Nah. I'm not running a TD04. Too unreliable.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I WAS talking crank when talking shit about the 300 lb ft torque figure. 300 to the wheels is what you would expect from a well tuned Vf-3x series and supporting upgrades.

The stock WRX 2.5l injectors push inough fuel to max out a VF 39 (STI turbo) at 20 lbs of boost. Therefor the question about the upgraded fuel injectors on the weenie td04.

Thats just got to be a 2.0 that explains the injectors and the slow spool.
slim
Diamond

Postby slim » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 pm

If you manned up and went to LRC maybe we would.

But porchie is an acrophobe and climbs munchkin problems. Why don't you leave this thread to the men and go make a little boys lowball thread to play in?
slim
Diamond

Postby Lox » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:03 pm

Bump.

The hater-moderator shit is bullshit. Grow a pair.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Lox » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Meh. The zoo continues.

And now I'm in a mood because this bullshit is fucking taking my time, which is money, baby. I'ma unlock this and hope all the moderators take their responsibility to enhance the user experience seriously and all topics they don't like to move forward.

Just don't click on the topic if you don't want to read it. America! Fuck yeah!
Lox
Diamond

Postby pmahnn » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm offended by your calls for personal responsibility.
pmahnn
Diamond

Postby leaverbiner » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:21 pm

This is America damn it . . there is no longer any such thing as personal repsonsibility. It is always someone/something else's fault!

back to shit that matters:

The M offers the same utility as the regular X5, with the addition of a twin-turbocharged 4.4-litre V8 delivering 413kW at 5 750r/min and peak torque is 679Nm, available between 1 500 and 5 650r/min. BMW claim their X5 M can sprint from a standstill to 100km/h in 4.7 seconds.

The X5 M and the new X6 M are the first xDrive all-wheel-drive vehicles from BMW to sport the “M” badge. Coupled with special “M” air suspension featuring Adaptive Drive and the newly developed Servotronic power steering, the performance SUV promises very competent handling. Other high-tech features include launch control for maximum acceleration and an “M” six-speed automatic optimized for performance. Drivers can manually select gears using either paddles or an an electronic gear selector lever.

Electronically controlled, variable power distribution to the front and rear axle prevents even the slightest tendency to over- or understeer, before DSC Dynamic Stability Control is required to cut in.

BMW is referring to the new 4.4-litre motor as its “M TwinPower Turbo” unit. The name reflects the fact that the motor features Twin Scroll Twin Turbo Technology and a common exhaust manifold encompassing both rows of cylinders.

Although traction control is standard, the M Dynamic Mode (MDM) greatly reduces the aggressiveness of the system. The MDM setting allows the driver to enter a controlled drift and push the vehicle’s handling to the limit. There’s also a DSC-Off Mode for drivers seeking a more purist experience.
leaverbiner
Corundum

Postby hweight » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:27 pm

leaverbiner wrote:This is America damn it . . there is no longer any such thing as personal repsonsibility. It is always someone/something else's fault!

I choose to blame anyone who doesn't look, sound, or think like me. And the rich. And the poor. And the kids. And old people. And extremists. And liberals. And fundies. And Lox. And wildbeast. And Obama. And Republicans. And Bush. And that commercial that tells me that I'll be more attractive if I just buy more shitty lager on my credit card with the ridiculously high interest rate. And those that tell me to "Buy American!" while producing products in China. And my chemical imbalance. And the drugs I'm taking for my chemical imbalance. And the devil. And women. And the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
hweight
Diamond

Postby VTP » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:36 pm

leaverbiner wrote:Image

The M offers .... There’s also a DSC-Off Mode for drivers seeking a more purist experience.

Drove the X3 with the M "package". For a crossover SUV, it was sweet. HUGE sunroof, went all the way to back row...headlights swiveled in the direction you turn. Sounded nice, really fast, and AWD made it capable in the rain, ice and snow. One problem...bish would get torn the f up offroad. Wtf is the point of ANY suv or truck if the shit doesnt go off of the road. IMHO, its a wagon with worse gas mileage. But i liked that car...even though it really is made for grocery getters. Thing didnt even come with a tow package...wtf is that?!?
VTP
Corundum

Postby slim » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:34 pm

IM BACK BISHES!
slim
Diamond

Re: CARS FUCKING RULE

Postby slim » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:32 pm

slim
Diamond

Postby Lox » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:06 pm

Why am I just so not into carbon fiber?

Oh but it's so light... who cares?
Lox
Diamond

Postby slim » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Who cares?

Any engineer designing anything that benefits from power to weight ratio. Boeing just came out with an airliner with full carbon wings. We are fast approaching having a car with zero iron in it whatsoever. Carbon ceramics are being developed to the point of being used in engine blocks, rods, cranks and valves.

Do I get off on raw unpainted carbon on cars? Nope. The Pagani above is way too over the top. It's just an example of what $2 million bucks will get you in a sportscar.

It's kind of like a giant carbon vagina that all the rich dicks want to slip in to.
slim
Diamond

Postby Lox » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:19 pm

I think my opinion of carbon fiber stems from the fact you can coat heavy things you want to look light in carbon fiber, just for effect. Obviously the supercar uses it instead of heavier material, but the look is the same.

Hell, I could coat my XR plastics in carbon fiber. W00T ! It's still the same moto!
Lox
Diamond

Postby leaverbiner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:10 pm

VTP wrote:

The M offers .... There’s also a DSC-Off Mode for drivers seeking a more purist experience.

Drove the X3 with the M "package". For a crossover SUV, it was sweet. HUGE sunroof, went all the way to back row...headlights swiveled in the direction you turn. Sounded nice, really fast, and AWD made it capable in the rain, ice and snow. One problem...bish would get torn the f up offroad. Wtf is the point of ANY suv or truck if the shit doesnt go off of the road. IMHO, its a wagon with worse gas mileage. But i liked that car...even though it really is made for grocery getters. Thing didnt even come with a tow package...wtf is that?!?

Quite valid points, but honestly if I spend $85k I don't intend to do a whole lot of off-roading. I will save that for my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I guess you are right, it is a high riding grocery getter - but, at 550+ hp it will still knock to doors off of most ricers out there!
leaverbiner
Corundum

Postby slim » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:23 pm

no purist would be caught dead in that thing

just saying
slim
Diamond

Postby Lox » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Purists are gay.

Gym sesh tonight!
Lox
Diamond

Postby leaverbiner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:58 pm

slim wrote:no purist would be caught dead in that thing

just saying

Never claimed to be a "purist" whatever the fuck that means. I just like to drive fun/fast cars. . . . oh and ones that can actually turn (thus American muscle need not apply).
leaverbiner
Corundum

Postby bueller » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:09 pm

dogs are cool, too.
bueller
Quartz

Postby slim » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:29 pm

There’s also a DSC-Off Mode for drivers seeking a more purist experience.

You said here that "purists" would disengage the traction/stability control and I was merely pointing out that "purists" wouldn't be sitting in said vehicle in the first place. Understand?
slim
Diamond

PreviousNext

Return to Bouldering