Spider Bite

Re: Spider Bite

Postby Lox » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Necrotic Cock sounds like a death metal song.
Lox
Diamond

Postby Tronic » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Or a sport climb in Calico.
Tronic
Corundum

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:33 am

I had a very similar bite in my ear after a trad climb in the Gunks a few years ago. since there are no recorded brown recluse bites in the NE but quite a few that looked like BR bites I did some research and found this http://entomology.wsu.edu/insectoftheweek/archive/yellowsacspider.html

it turned purple and black and somewhat necrotic but healed fully and never left a scar. You should be alright if its a sac spider. If it's recluse could get alot worse.
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Postby automated » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:57 pm

so does Inward Helmet of Nails. wait...what are we talking about?...

Lox wrote:Necrotic Cock sounds like a death metal song.
automated
Topaz

Postby AlwaysLimping » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:33 am

Cardboard_Dog wrote:I had a very similar bite in my ear after a trad climb in the Gunks a few years ago. since there are no recorded brown recluse bites in the NE but quite a few that looked like BR bites I did some research and found this http://entomology.wsu.edu/insectoftheweek/archive/yellowsacspider.html

it turned purple and black and somewhat necrotic but healed fully and never left a scar. You should be alright if its a sac spider. If it's recluse could get alot worse.

had a yellow sac bite on my foot a couple months ago...couldnt believe how bad it got. Took my sock off after work and a bunch of skin came off with it. I felt like goldblum in the Fly.
AlwaysLimping
Topaz

Postby Cardboard_Dog » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:11 am

AlwaysLimping wrote:
Cardboard_Dog wrote:I had a very similar bite in my ear after a trad climb in the Gunks a few years ago. since there are no recorded brown recluse bites in the NE but quite a few that looked like BR bites I did some research and found this http://entomology.wsu.edu/insectoftheweek/archive/yellowsacspider.html

had a yellow sac bite on my foot a couple months ago...couldnt believe how bad it got. Took my sock off after work and a bunch of skin came off with it. I felt like goldblum in the Fly.

They are no joke. Most of the bites north of Virginia that are associated with BR are most likely the sac spider. I couldnt believe how bad it got either. I thought I was going to lose half my ear. On a positive note, the spider bite forced me to stop wearing bandanas while climbing which, was a turning point for me personally. Really, there are only two kinds of people who wear bandanas ..
Cardboard_Dog
Corundum

Previous

Return to Bouldering