DMV choss

Re: DMV choss

Postby Lox » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:49 am

You're a NIMBY who does soil analysis for development projects...

Interesting.

You work for the Feds in water administration, or are you a consultant?

And yes, there is a big difference in working for a living and having the governmnet hand oyu stuff. I happen to work my ass off. I've eaten enough food bank hamburgers to know I like prime cuts.
Lox
Diamond

Postby wild beast » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:23 pm

jeez lox, you are really beating a dead horse! i've talked about my degrees and works on here countless times. why the sudden interest? you are shitty person to the core, so i can surmise that you aren't truly interested in me or my work.

i don't work for the government. my company provides services on contract to anyone. the company designs a lot of medical instruments, dental stuff.. not small items (like hand tools). most of it is private industry. it does provide services to all levels of government. think of it as an engineering warehouse. i could work in hawaii if i want. i am not in the labs anymore, unless there are questions but that hasn't happened in so long i doubt i could answer them. fyi, there are MANY competing companies like this. you probably interface with them since you are a state employee.. i mean, states can't afford to hire all the engineers for large projects and keep them on many years. no level of government can.

i've never had a thing to do with water administration.. where in the fuck did you get that? you eating a shitwhich and need a drink or something? i am concerned that the proposed solar panel project that would be located at the intersection of 178 and 395, which is partially in Ridgecrest, will lower the water table here. they have already built 2 new pumping stations / storage tanks.

there's alfalfa being grown on the east side of 395 just outside of town that is just sucking the water out like crazy as well. it's a fucking mess. alfalfa in the desert? are you out of your mind?

you work for the state government - ADOT, what is your degree in? what do you do? what is it that you are so damn "proud" of?
wild beast
Diamond

Postby stonefiend » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:24 pm

Those solar panel "farms" get wicked hot. I never knew they got so hot they could lower the water table though. Water table in the desert is stoopid deep as it is no?

large scale desalinization ftw.
stonefiend
Corundum

Postby Lox » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:39 pm

wild beast wrote:jeez lox, you are really beating a dead horse! i've talked about my degrees and works on here countless times. why the sudden interest? you are shitty person to the core, so i can surmise that you aren't truly interested in me or my work.

Again, you are wrong... I actually am interested in what you do and who you are. I mean, I might not be nice to you, but you have been coming here and insulting everyone for the last few months and it is getting crazy old. I had this notion that if you opened up more about who you actually are, you wouldn't be so freakin' blindly trolling/insulting and it could maybe chill shizz out around here.

And since your rant is about shiteaters, if you were also part of the system that would be awesome. I understand the need to contract engineering firms. Again, because being told two - six times isn't enough, I am a consultant, not a "state employee."

But really, even if you are a consultant... you should be thanking the taxpayers who provide the revenue that you take home. Ranting about "liberal shiteaters" and then taking OUR tax dollars (Quite a few of us work!) home and using .mil networks to rant about it is uncool.

Could we maybe agree some government spending is good (maybe even on engineering and communication consultants!), understand that we are not all welfare schleps, and chill a little on the shiteater diatribe? Please?

Cuz I'm more into that than banning you. That's like a doosh move.
Lox
Diamond

Postby wild beast » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 pm

stonefiend, it's the water that is used to create steam and thus the electricity. the heat isn't lowering the water table.

the shit eaters are the folks that want something for nothing and expect something for nothing, as well as those that vote for those that want to give away something for nothing.
wild beast
Diamond

Postby Lox » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 pm

wild beast wrote: those that vote for those that want to give away something for nothing.

Every American for the past 30 years, bro.
Lox
Diamond

Postby ScreamingMedic » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 pm

unfortunately for all of us, everything takes something.

action reaction etc

am i a shit eater for wanting cold fusion?
ScreamingMedic
Corundum

Postby ScreamingMedic » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 pm

i mean seriously mother fucker, i've got hulk hogan playing guitar in front of an american flag as my icon.
suckit
ScreamingMedic
Corundum

Postby Ikefromla » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:20 am

No you suckit. Go start a boldering pic thread or something.
Ikefromla
Diamond

Postby Shaft » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:37 pm

I once broke my heel by falling between two pads and hitting a rock. Several weeks later had to go to the DMV with my crutches, boot and backpack. It was packed and I took my number and sat down to read a book figuring I would be there for hours. Not five minutes later they called my number. Amazed, I glanced at my number as I hobbled to the window and read the magic word printed at the bottom - "Disabled".

The crutches and boot are kept around and have been used for subsequent DMV visits, works every time.
Shaft
Granite

Postby thulsadoom » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:20 pm

wild beast wrote: you have that incongruity of common and elegant in which the habitually vulgar think they see the revelation of an eccentric existence, of the perturbations of sentiment, the tyrannies of art, and always a certain contempt for social conventions, that seduces or exasperates you (Flaubert 151,52) .

Holy shit. you are such a thieving plagiarist. I believe you owe Gustave Flaubert an apology fo stealing his intellectual property and trying to pass it off as your own. In order to avoid any ethical concerns in the future, place any text taken directly from another author within quotes (regardless of whether you credit the author in text, i.e. Flaubert says "W.B. is guilty of intellectual property theft") and provide an adequate citation at the end of you're temper-tantrum. I should look like this:

Flaubert, Gustave. Madame Bovary. New York: Random House, 1957.
thulsadoom
Corundum

Postby Ikefromla » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:21 pm

Shaft wrote:I once broke my heel by falling between two pads and hitting a rock. Several weeks later had to go to the DMV with my crutches, boot and backpack. It was packed and I took my number and sat down to read a book figuring I would be there for hours. Not five minutes later they called my number. Amazed, I glanced at my number as I hobbled to the window and read the magic word printed at the bottom - "Disabled".

The crutches and boot are kept around and have been used for subsequent DMV visits, works every time.

Omg I'm an idiot. I still have my boot and crutches. I could have saved 4 hours!
Ikefromla
Diamond

Postby skav » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:03 pm

thulsadoom wrote:
wild beast wrote: you have that incongruity of common and elegant in which the habitually vulgar think they see the revelation of an eccentric existence, of the perturbations of sentiment, the tyrannies of art, and always a certain contempt for social conventions, that seduces or exasperates you (Flaubert 151,52) .

Holy shit. you are such a thieving plagiarist. I believe you owe Gustave Flaubert an apology fo stealing his intellectual property and trying to pass it off as your own. In order to avoid any ethical concerns in the future, place any text taken directly from another author within quotes (regardless of whether you credit the author in text, i.e. Flaubert says "W.B. is guilty of intellectual property theft") and provide an adequate citation at the end of you're temper-tantrum. I should look like this:

Flaubert, Gustave. Madame Bovary. New York: Random House, 1957.

The sudden eloquence tip you off too?
skav
Diamond

Previous

Return to Bouldering