hey wild beast, how's yer face?

hey wild beast, how's yer face?

Postby dms » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:32 pm

i got a basal cell carcinoma in the exact same spot as you did. gotta have the 'mohs' surgery. are you significantly uglier than you were before?
dms
Apatite

Re: hey wild beast, how's yer face?

Postby STFU » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:12 pm

bad news i'm afraid, the cancer got into WB's already feeble brain so he's taken a turn for teh worse
STFU
Corundum

Re: hey wild beast, how's yer face?

Postby wild beast » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 pm

well, it looks mostly like an indention from wearing glasses a long time.

color is mostly good.

next, it felt like a piece of rubber had been stitched to my face for many many months.. well, until about 2 weeks ago. it is more supple and has a lot more feeling.

it seems to heal in stages. i had this forked hunk of scar tissue. looked like a pimple. and felt like shit. like forked tit of rubber. drove me nuts. woke one morning and it was gone. i touched my face obsessively all day. felt so good to be rid of that.

all in all, pretty good.

heed this warning: make sure there is a plastic surgeon THERE or one you will have instant access too post-op. my sis' told me that and i scoffed at her... uhhh... if you wind up missing as much facial meat as me, you will need a graft. he went in.. 3 or 4 times. i doubt you get less than 2.. 3 and 4? skin graft and if he's big handed butcher, you'll need a soft handed plastic surgeon.

please get some pics of the carnage to share and good luck with it.. hopefully the doc goes deep and gets it all. you are WAY better off with lots of cuts than too few.

~ w. b.

ps!! dude, i had some staph issues post-op. USE ALL YOUR ANTIBIOTIC!! ALL OF IT!! AND GET A GOOD OINTMENT LIKE MUPIROCEN!! NOT OVER THE COUNTER SHEEYIT!!

also, tell us what it looked like. what made you go in to get it checked. i can rehash mine if so desired. did the doctor notice it? was it you that got curious about it?
wild beast
Diamond

Return to Bouldering