Craigs list scams

Craigs list scams

Postby Invisible » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:24 am

I don't think unemployment is really as low as its reported. I think everyone who has been laid off is now just running scams on craigs list.

First I email the guy about an apartment and I get this.

I am out of town on troop event so I won't be permit to come down to show your around the property and environment but the environment is good to raise pets and kids.. there is no problem if you will want to lease my property and moving in with your own properties, I have an empty store, so you can easily put any of my stuff that you think you don't need in there.

My property is located at #802 N.Beaver,Flagstaff. Take note that my current tenant is still living there..You can check out the environment if you can but do not disturb my present tenant because I believe every tenant needs some privacy and security. So i guess you wouldn't like such when someone comes into your privacy but I am sure the environment is your kind of taste because of its environment and friendly neighborhood,I believe you will find it fascinating when you move in.
As soon as the present occupant fee expires a new security keys and documents to the apartments will be generated to you,all documents and keys that will permit you to move in with or without me is with my secretary in Missoula. which will be delivered to you through DHL(Next Delivery).
kindly write back to me and some useful information about you if you are interested in lease and free fee to ask any question.Below is the rental application form for you to fill and get back to me in other for me to have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Are you into drugs,do you drink to get drunk,do you smoke..do you have pets

RENT APPLICATION FORM

1)Your Full Name :
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number:
3)How old are you:
4)Are you married:
5)How many people will be living in the house:
6)Do you have a pet:
7)Do you have a car:
8)Occupation:
9)When do you want to move in
10) How long do you want to stay in my apartment:
11) Pictures of all the Occupant that will stay in my apartment

Do have a pleasant day.
Take care and Your Kind reply will be appreciated

Then I reply

I got the email with the photo's of the place. It looks perfect. I filled in some of the information you wanted but I am kind of hesitant to give all my info yet because of all the scams on craigs list right now. I was wondering if you had a phone number I could reach you on before I give the rest of my info. Sorry about this but I think it better to lean on the side of caution since there are a lot of people steeling identities these days. Talk to you later.

-Philip

RENT APPLICATION FORM

1)Your Full Name : Invisible
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number:
3)How old are you: 25
4)Are you married: Yes
5)How many people will be living in the house: 2
6)Do you have a pet: 1 cat
7)Do you have a car: 2 cars
8)Occupation: Electrical Engineer
9)When do you want to move in: Before end of August if possible
10) How long do you want to stay in my apartment: 1 year
11) Pictures of all the Occupant that will stay in my apartment

then i get back...

What the hell do you mean..? I want you to know that you are covered this is legal and if you want to rent my property because we have chosen you and your friend as our new tenant..and if you think that because we have chosen you then there is no other people who are also interested well..you got it all wrong I want to let you understand that I am not a scammer and I will never spoil my great reputation because of $700usd.i am more mature and i believe in the law of Karma *WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND* I am a good christian,i know what that means a lot and I can never do any thing stupid to ruin my career or will spoil my image in the sight of God and Government and my family..I am out of town at this point and you will be paying to my secretary in Michigan,so that the keys and documents will be send to your address.Since i have already taken my time to send you the property picture and my self which gives you hope so what else do you require,well let me know if we can proceed further

Hmmm...
Invisible
Orthoclase

Re: Craigs list scams

Postby evil temptress » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:59 am

Why do you doubt him, he says he is a good christian. Maybe his secretary moved?
evil temptress
Corundum

Postby Invisible » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:08 am

yeah. And maybe he won't give his phone number because his English is shitty. I should trust strangers on the internet with my money.
Invisible
Orthoclase

Postby pander » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who really owns that place.
pander
Corundum

Postby evil temptress » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Invisible wrote:yeah. And maybe he won't give his phone number because his English is shitty. I should trust strangers on the internet with my money.

Maybe the Nigerian email scams aren't working anymore and now they are moving onto Craigs list?
evil temptress
Corundum

Postby RockPharmer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:32 pm

i got a nigerian scam email via 8a.nu.

yes, i'm admitting to having an 8a account.
RockPharmer
Diamond

Postby Choppie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:07 pm

I believe you will find it fascinating when you move in.

That part is probably true
Choppie
Topaz

Postby lerp » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:13 pm

even if it is legit, i wouldn't want that cuntface as a landlord.
lerp
Quartz

Postby Lox » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Yeh no shit.

I have seen some for rent signs in my neighborhood. Do a drive around or bike around and maybe score an infill garage apt.
Lox
Diamond

Postby wild beast » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:15 pm

holey fuck. you actually engaged that guy in emails? fuck.. i am speechless.
wild beast
Diamond

Postby pander » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:18 pm

You can always come live in the forest with me.
pander
Corundum

Postby wild beast » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:15 pm

uh.. thanks, but i'll pass.
wild beast
Diamond

Return to Bouldering