Crunchy Finger

Crunchy Finger

Postby mountainz » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:41 pm

So about a year or two ago my right index finger joint nearest the tip of the finger started to feel a little loose. Like I could crack it in an unnatural side to side motion. So the problem joint little by little gets more sore and crackily. Now the knuckle feels like there's permanent grit and light cracking in the joint that won't go away no matter how much I work it and it always hurts. It doesn't hurt a lot. Just when I crimp or pull back on it with my other hand.

What is wrong with my crackily finger joint? Arthritis? Something else?

Should I just take it off with the circular saw?
V7 off the couch / Wipe the chip grease on her blouse.
User avatar
mountainz
Diamond
 
Posts: 4986
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Toledo, OH

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby toivo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:48 pm

tape it.

pull down on holds, not out to tweak tendons.

get well. spring season is upon us.
toivo
Corundum
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:10 pm

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby FreeHueco » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Crunchy fingers need dipping sauce.
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!
User avatar
FreeHueco
Corundum
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 1:37 am
Location: Peoples' Republic Of Boulder

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby Lox » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:22 pm

After years of FPS and BUI (boldering under the influence of course)... don't get me started on this kind of shit. My latest is painful ganglion cysts forming at the base of a finger and a thumb. Not painful for most things and certainly not as big as the ganglion on my right middle finger (that I did get an MRI on)... but we'll see how slappin slopers does for these bad boys. I also have a laterally loose last tendon joint.

I just don't pull on shit that hurts, put health over ego, reinforce or whack with a Michener if possible (this can be one in a thrift store if you have lent your copy of infinite jest out like an IDIOT) depending on the condition... and climb healthy so you can still type. B.com4lyfe!!11

Or also work typing. I need to do that for money.

Oh and the gangle on my right hand has impeded growth of the nail and there is a deep trough in the nail that is getting wider and more pronounced. Let me know if you want to see a pic. It's gnarly.
User avatar
Lox
Diamond
 
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Fleazag4sheezag.

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby mountainz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Pics or it's not a ganglion cyst.

Lulz.
V7 off the couch / Wipe the chip grease on her blouse.
User avatar
mountainz
Diamond
 
Posts: 4986
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Toledo, OH

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby Lox » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Image

I FLIP YOU THA BIRD!!!1 OH SNAP!!!11

It was actually my left middle finger and the lump on the knuckle isn't growing. The cyst that has fucked up my fingernail growth is actually kina small right now... its more of a fluid sac than a cyst like the peas forming on the base of my left thumb and right ring finger.

Let me know if you need more pics. I'll flip you off again.
User avatar
Lox
Diamond
 
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Fleazag4sheezag.

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby toivo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:14 pm

oooh that doesn't look so good.
toivo
Corundum
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:10 pm

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby mountainz » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:23 pm

nailed it.
V7 off the couch / Wipe the chip grease on her blouse.
User avatar
mountainz
Diamond
 
Posts: 4986
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Toledo, OH

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby Lox » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Actually the best feeling of my finger issues. There used to be a bigger bubble above the nail where that trough is that I could press on and 'empty' and it would deflate and then fill back up with whatever fluid that is. Probably beer at this point.

But now its gone and the ganglion isn't really growing so ok. Other shit buggin.
User avatar
Lox
Diamond
 
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Fleazag4sheezag.

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby toivo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:08 pm

wow. that;s a climbing damaged finger. glad you have some beer to ease the tension.
toivo
Corundum
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:10 pm

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby RockPharmer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:27 pm

ECFS. Drop immediately.

And, seriously. Resize your damn pictures. Nobody needs a 1640 pixel wide pic of your booboo
RockPharmer
Diamond
 
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:30 pm

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby Lox » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Well I still climb on it... I think the ganglia make it stronger. The one at the base of my thumb hurts a little, but only when I'm fingerblasting YOUR MOM.

I did resize the picture. I assume porch has a decent monitor and I wanted that bird flip to be as big as possible.
User avatar
Lox
Diamond
 
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Fleazag4sheezag.

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby Lox » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm

toivo wrote:wow. that;s a climbing damaged finger. glad you have some beer to ease the tension.


Also... wine now. I live in France. Can't drink beer like a Deutschebag. Gotta have teh winez.
User avatar
Lox
Diamond
 
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Fleazag4sheezag.

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby zirc » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:00 pm

mountainz wrote:So about a year or two ago my right index finger joint nearest the tip of the finger started to feel a little loose. Like I could crack it in an unnatural side to side motion. So the problem joint little by little gets more sore and crackily. Now the knuckle feels like there's permanent grit and light cracking in the joint that won't go away no matter how much I work it and it always hurts. It doesn't hurt a lot. Just when I crimp or pull back on it with my other hand.

What is wrong with my crackily finger joint? Arthritis? Something else?

Should I just take it off with the circular saw?


sounds like classic Pnfs (Pennsylvania native fragility syndrome) or "penis breath" for short.

you should kill yourself.
User avatar
zirc
Corundum
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 11:06 am

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby Lox » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Now mah knee swoled up lahk a dang ballooon. WTF BODY. Agin' suxxx.
User avatar
Lox
Diamond
 
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Fleazag4sheezag.

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby mountainz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:23 pm

zirc wrote:
mountainz wrote:So about a year or two ago my right index finger joint nearest the tip of the finger started to feel a little loose. Like I could crack it in an unnatural side to side motion. So the problem joint little by little gets more sore and crackily. Now the knuckle feels like there's permanent grit and light cracking in the joint that won't go away no matter how much I work it and it always hurts. It doesn't hurt a lot. Just when I crimp or pull back on it with my other hand.

What is wrong with my crackily finger joint? Arthritis? Something else?

Should I just take it off with the circular saw?


sounds like classic Pnfs (Pennsylvania native fragility syndrome) or "penis breath" for short.

you should kill yourself.

didn't you blow out your weaksause shoulder years ago from giving ivan handjobs?
V7 off the couch / Wipe the chip grease on her blouse.
User avatar
mountainz
Diamond
 
Posts: 4986
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Toledo, OH

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby zirc » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:48 am

mountainz wrote:
zirc wrote:
mountainz wrote:So about a year or two ago my right index finger joint nearest the tip of the finger started to feel a little loose. Like I could crack it in an unnatural side to side motion. So the problem joint little by little gets more sore and crackily. Now the knuckle feels like there's permanent grit and light cracking in the joint that won't go away no matter how much I work it and it always hurts. It doesn't hurt a lot. Just when I crimp or pull back on it with my other hand.

What is wrong with my crackily finger joint? Arthritis? Something else?

Should I just take it off with the circular saw?


sounds like classic Pnfs (Pennsylvania native fragility syndrome) or "penis breath" for short.

you should kill yourself.

didn't you blow out your weaksause shoulder years ago from giving ivan handjobs?


No, story mix up as usual.

What really happened was weaksauce Ivan blew my shoulder.
User avatar
zirc
Corundum
 
Posts: 1005
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 11:06 am

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby Lox » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:08 pm

My knee isn't swollen anymore but it is sore as fuck and all I climb is yellow circuits.

FML
User avatar
Lox
Diamond
 
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Fleazag4sheezag.

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby mountainz » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:22 pm

finger still crunchy and then i ate way too many tacos but still i sent my elusive skip-the-sucker-hold white 6/7 gym proj.

suck it bro-noobs.

i'm like 5 year into my solutions and they're only half wore out. best damn shoe ever.
V7 off the couch / Wipe the chip grease on her blouse.
User avatar
mountainz
Diamond
 
Posts: 4986
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Toledo, OH

Re: Crunchy Finger

Postby AlwaysLimping » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:07 pm

mountainz wrote:So about a year or two ago my right index finger joint nearest the tip of the finger started to feel a little loose. Like I could crack it in an unnatural side to side motion. So the problem joint little by little gets more sore and crackily. Now the knuckle feels like there's permanent grit and light cracking in the joint that won't go away no matter how much I work it and it always hurts. It doesn't hurt a lot. Just when I crimp or pull back on it with my other hand.

What is wrong with my crackily finger joint? Arthritis? Something else?

Should I just take it off with the circular saw?


This happened to me when I did a one-move mono prob that criz or one of his homies (homo cronies) put up at IP. Never got better. Suck it up buttercup. And take it like a man.
User avatar
AlwaysLimping
Topaz
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:19 am
Location: bear mtn

Next

Return to Bouldering

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest